Customer reviews increase conversion rate and drive organic traffic.
Including customer reviews with your ecommerce site products directly impacts how your site performs in the search results – especially local search. Search engines favor products with reviews over those that do not. Search results snippets that display reviews see a higher Click-Through-Rate.
More than 80% of online consumers use customer reviews to decide whether or not to purchase a product. And they buy from sites that include reviews a whopping 63% more than from sites that do not. The presence of product reviews can translate into an average sales uplift of 18% across an ecommerce site.
An active review-building strategy is an essential part of any successful SEM campaign. Some things to keep in mind when planning include:
- Implement review functionality on product pages – both View and Post.
- Add structured data mark-up code to products and their associated customer reviews to help trigger the appearance of both in search results.
- Follow up after purchases with an email requesting a review.
- Cultivate reviews on your My Business Google+ page.
- Cultivate reviews on reputable third-party sites such as Yelp.
- Consider adding additional leverage. For example, applying reviews (5-star, 4-star, etc.) as a navigation filter.
- Keep it simple! Use an easy rating system and make sure any emails soliciting reviews include a direct link to the review page.
Find more review strategy information, insights, and tips in this Shopify article:
From Jax and the Team at New Example
Jacqueline Harvey is a regular contributor to New Example’s SEM Center. Jax brings more than 15 years of technical SEO, web development, UX design, and ecommerce strategy experience to the team through our partnership with Yummy Consulting, where she is Principal Consultant.
New Example Internet Consulting is a Florida, New York, and Los Angeles based Search Engine Marketing agency that delivers comprehensive, integrated Technical SEO solutions and Pay-Per-Click advertising campaign plans developed using proven SEM strategies that meet, and exceed, the search engine industry’s current best practices.